Looking for something to brighten up the lockdown? Why not order yourself a delicious afternoon tea or cupcake box! This is also a great present to send to a friend who needs a little cheering up. Call 01506 430615 to order, collection from Braid House in Livingston or delivery within West Lothian is £1.50 (free for orders of over 25 within 20 miles). Please order at least 24 hours in advance, available Monday - Friday, orders for the weekend will be delivered on a Friday.
For the afternoon tea, a variety of sandwich fillings are on offer and the sweet treats change weekly. Please let us know of any dietary requirements when ordering.
With yesterday's news of another lockdown for mainland Scotland, we know many of you will be feeling upset and anxious. We want all of our client's and their families to know, Braid House is still here to support you. While our day centre will once again have to close, Braid House remains open and we will be providing Outreach Wellbeing Support to all of our clients. Do you know someone who is elderly and vulnerable or isolated who would benefit from our support? Call 01506 430615 to chat to our team. Please share this post to help us reach more people in need across West Lothian.
One of our team will be in touch with all of our clients/their families this week, to ask which of our services you would find helpful. We will revert back to the services we we're offering prior to October, this includes;
- Delivery of our freshly prepared, home style meals
- Group digital support via zoom
- Telephone support
- 1-2-1 Home support (where and if appropriate)
- Activity packs
We know this is such a hard time for everyone, but please don't feel you are alone. Braid House is here to support you. Call 01506 430615 if you need to speak to us.
Christmas Fair 2020
This Christmas, to raise funds for Braid House we are hosting a week long virtual Christmas fair, selling baked goods, presents for family and friends and even Reindeer dust! Check out the event page on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1076981419439955/
If you purchase products from any of our lovely stall holders, they will post your order to you directly.
Braid House Goodies:
* Christmas Cupcakes: £1.50 each or £5 for box of 4
* Tray Bake (Millionaire or Mars): 50p per slice £1.50 for box of 4
* Banana or Ginger Loaf: £1.50
* Scones (Plain or Fruit): 50p or £1.50 for box of 4
* Hot Chocolate gift bags with marshmallows: £1 per bag
* Sweetie gift bags: £1 per bag
* Reindeer Dust: 50p per bag
* Raffle tickets: £1 per strip
Send us a message to order!
Please share our event with friends and family across West Lothian. Merry Christmas all!
Support us through JustGiving
Braid House now have a JustGiving page set up for anyone who wishes to donate. All donations will be gratefully received.
Link to our page is www.justgiving.com/braidhouse
Take Away Boxes
Braid House has introduced a new service offering a range of tasty Take Away Boxes. Click here to view our current offerings and phone us on 01506 430615 to place your order.
Braid House Update
It goes without saying that this has been a testing time for all of us as we learn to get to grips with the Coronavirus and lockdown but it is also with a great sense of pride that Braid House continues to support our clients and carers through this difficult period.
We might not be open to receive clients in the centre, but our services continue, just in different ways and a few of them are highlighted below:
- Many of you will be receiving our daily meal service and a massive thank you to all the kitchen staff who have stepped up to the mark and are now producing 200 meals every day!
- Transport and drivers are delivering these right across West Lothian and for some, it is also a welcomed social interaction during the day
- Our telephone support team is very busy contacting you at home and giving as much support as they can
- We have a dedicated 1:1 service offering home visits to those at most need
- Our internet support/activity group is going from strength to strength
- We are offering a shopping service along with activity packs which are delivered directly to your door
All the staff have been fully committed to supporting all of our clients and their carers through this challenging period and I would like to thank them all for their dedication and hard work, they really are unseen heroes in my eyes.
Please stay well and stay safe and hopefully it won't be too long until are together again in Braid House.
CEO Braid House Day Centre
Summer Newsletter 2020
Our summer 2020 newsletter is now available to read by clicking on the image below:
Braid House Day Centre - Operating Differently
In line with West Lothian Council's advice, we are unable to welcome clients to Braid House Day Centre until further notice.
However, we are offering a wide range of support services including Telephone, 1:1 home visits (for those most at risk) Internet activity/exercise groups, Shopping services, Carer support, Activity packs (delivered to your door) and our daily meal service.
If you are interested in receiving any of the above services or just want the opportunity to ask more questions about them please contact us on 01506 430615.
In addition, should you like more information about our meals provision, please contact the centre on 01506 430615.
Personally, I would like to thank all our clients and carers for their kind words of support and great feedback in relation to the services we are delivering.
Finally, a very special thank you to all the staff at Braid House who have been so committed to supporting all our clients and carers through this difficult period.